Human Subjects Process
***Anyone that does a research project has to complete a protocol review request form.
- Download proper documents from the Research link on the HCNHS website
- Protocol review request form
- Cover form
- Consent form
- Consent instructions
- Tutorial link: link for website
- Protected Health Information form
- Complete the documents and work with your advisor/mentor on accuracy of the documents
- Submission of all above forms, including the tutorial approval form, to the chair of the Department human subjects committee electronically once approval granted from your advisor/mentor on the project.
- The chair of the human subjects committee will determine whether the request should be exempt, expedited, or go through full committee.
- Feedback will be sent back to chair – if changes needed – student & advisor/mentor will be notified. The student has up to one week to make appropriate changes and resubmit to the chair of the committee.
- Once approval is granted, a formal letter of approval will be sent to the student & advisor/mentor for the project to begin.